Sunday, June 27, 2010

How would you like to spend Christmas on Christmas Island - First at Townsville show!

This is my most recent work. First in the Fine Arts section of the Townsville Show this year!
The category was a song title. Every Sunday on Australia All Over everytime refugees are mentioned Macca plays Col Joy's "How'd you like to spend Christmas on Christmas Island".
Besides the song getting into my head for the rest of the day, I also imagined what it must really be like, so I just painted it as I imagined. In the top right hand corner is a Christmas Island postage stamp. Even though the judges didn't like that touch, I do. What do you think?

I also won a third place, a photo of which I will post at a later date.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! Congratulations! Well deserved.. and I think that without the postage stamp, the irony would be lost or less impactfull.
    Fantastic, considered and thought provoking.
    Well done Mrs P
    -Sandra

    ReplyDelete